Stone, Sand and Gravel REVIEW - May/June 2017 - 43
| RIP & SHARE
AVOID FALLS WITH
THESE BEST PRACTICES
FALLING FROM HEAVY EQUIPMENT, ladders and conveyor walkways could lead to injuries for
workers. MSHA recently released best practices to avoid falls.
* Provide mobile and stationary platforms.
* Assign safety harnesses and lanyards to workers at elevated locations.
* Create stable and secure anchor points for attaching lanyards where a fall hazard exists.
* Add signage that reminds workers to use fall protection.
* Operators and independent contractors need to comply with §§56/57.11001 Safe access and
§§56/57.15005 Safety belts and lines - available at www.msha.gov.
STONE, SAND & GRAVEL REVIEW, www.nssga.org